The “Scrum Master Certified® (SMC)” training course prepares trainees for passing the exam of the certificate. The purpose of the exam is to confirm that applicant has achieved sufficient understanding of how to apply Scrum in projects management. Successful candidates will be awarded the internationally recognized certificate of Scrum Master Certified® (SMC) from the “Scrum Study Organization, USA”. All aspects of the fundamental scrum basis will be covered in the course. Additionally, the instructor will provide Scrum materials which will be a reference guide for them.
Learning Outcomes The course aims to prepare trainees to work as a key project management member with project teams and stakeholders to facilitate applying the Scrum as an agile methodology for project communication, collaboration, and executing with highest performance, quality, time, and economies.
• Students will readily have a practical, working knowledge of Scrum Framework that equips them to implement and work in a Scrum environment. Furthermore, students will develop an understanding of the other roles in Scrum.
• Students will be prepared to play the role of the Scrum Master in their organizations who ensure that the Scrum Team is provided with an environment conducive to completing the project successfully.
• The Scrum Master guides, facilitates, and teaches Scrum practices to everyone involved in the project; clears impediments for the team; and, ensures that Scrum processes are being followed.
Who should attend? This certification is appropriate for anyone who is interested in working as a Scrum Master, or who is already a Scrum Master in his/her organization or wants to work, as a key team member in project management.
Prerequisites This course is on the intermediate level. There is no formal prerequisite to this course or certification but Preferably SDC™ certified.
● The Rise of Agile
● The Agile Manifesto
● Principles of Agile Manifesto
● Declaration of Interdependence
● Agile Methods
● Agile vs. Traditional Project Management
● Scrum Principles
● Scrum Aspects
● Scrum Processes
● Scrum Advantages
Scrum Project Roles
● Core Roles
● Product Owner
● Scrum Master
● Scrum Team
● Ball game
● Non-core Roles
● Plan and Estimate
● Review and Retrospect ● Release
● Scalability of Scrum
● Scrum in Programs and Portfolios
● Scrum of Scrums (SoS) Meeting
● Transition to Scrum
● Mapping Traditional Roles to Scrum
● Maintaining Stakeholder Involvement
● Importance of Executive Support
(SMC™) Exam Format
● Multiple Choice ● 100 questions per exam ● One mark awarded for every right answer ● No negative marks for wrong answers ● 120 minutes duration ● Proctored online exam. ● Current Pass Rate: 95% ● Two times retake allowed